|Area: 4040 |
|Dug in Year: 2006 |
|Feature Type: wall |
|Feature Subtype: |
|Related Photo (Click to view larger version in new window)|
|Location: Southern end |
|Grid X: 1028.5 Grid Y: 1160.8|
|Wall consists of single course of three mudbricks running NS with its south end abutting F2216, southern wall of B60. Bricks sit on bed of mortar and are bonded with same material to each other and F2216.|
A cluster of 16 stones (13490) was recovered from the mortar between F2369 and F2216. A second cluster of 12 obsidian flakes (13491) was found within the northernmost brick and all in the same location within that brick.
Patchy plaster was found on both the eastern and western faces of the wall; (13478) and (13485), both of which continued onto S wall F2216.
Although described as a wall, it is possible this feature could be the remnants of a bench. The heavy truncation down to one course makes it difficult to say. It is only three bricks long so pos a bench, but N side is unplastered. On its east side is platform F2226, so potential bench location maybe?
The significant deposits (13490)+(13491) may point to this being a special structure, more likely a bench than a wall.
It is also one of the earliest features in the building and may have just been a way to divide up the internal space.
At its most basic, ie three bricks, it's a wall, but I feel it's more likely to be a bench.
NB/ this number was transposed and mistakenly used in B.67, therefore B.67 Archive Report 2006 wrong , should be F.2396. DB corrected by SF 06/08/11
|In situ Conservation: No |
|Lifted: No |
|Feature Relationships: |
|abuts: (Click to view the record) 2216 |
|abutted by: (Click to view the record) 2226 |
|Number of Related Diary Entries: 0|
|Conservation Recorded: No|
|Related Photos: 8 (Opens as a group in a new window) |
|Buildings: (Click to view the record) |
|Spaces: (Click to view the record) |
|No. Of Units in this Feature: 6 (Click here to view unit list)|